Sunday, January 1, 2012

Awkward Turtle

    For me, i run into a lot of interesting situations. Some are worse than others, but some are a little more on the funny side. First of all, Megan and I were flying home from Seattle airport for christmas break. All day we sat in the same vicinity checking our emails, looking up songs, ect. (Such an un-amusing existence.... ) Since we had been sitting in the airport for over 12 hours, we were really tired when it was time to board our flight. The caffein takes no effect, and the sugar seams to not even exist! But when i get tired, you might as well just have fun with me because it definitely gets... interesting.
      Anyway, that was a side note. As Megan and I approached our gate to board, we were listening to the monotone voice of the flight attendant. She was constantly making annoying announcements every 10 seconds, so it was very hard to not notice. I was quite shocked to find out, once i arrived to the front, that the flight attendant was not a lady, but was a guy. Megan turned to me and said, "I thought he was a guy." (My thoughts exactly.) When the not-so-lady-like man checked the boarding pass of the mexican gaucho in front of us, the scanner beeped red. The flight attendant curtly informed him of this: "Ma'am, your flight doesn't leave until the next plane from this gate. This plane goes to Newark, NJ. Not Houston." He then continued on with his annoying announcements. Megan and i stood there a second, passed through the check, but once we got past ear shot we both burst out laughing. I was like, "Did that female sounding guy just call that passenger Ma'am?" It was incredulous to me, but i also noticed this guy in front of me watching us from his periferal vision. kinda weird I thought, but i kept talking to megan. We then said something else that he thought was interesting, so he turned a little more and looked at us closer. I saw him turn, so i faced him and said, "Hello." I stared a second, waited for him to say something but he didn't respond. Awkward. I turned away and kept talking. Over a space of 15 minutes, megan and i covered a wide range of topics. From college to farming, classmates to GMO, and cows to Jesuits. You name it, we probably covered it. Oh yeah, and the whole time, that guy was listening to us. Needless to say, he had a lot to think about during the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment